A 15 year old Edinburg boy is to be charged with Arson and related offense. The New Castle state police say at shortly before 7:30 a.m. Friday morning, the Troop D Fire Marshal Unit responded to investigate a fire of vacant mobile home along Gary Lane, at the Twilight Mobile Home Park, in Mahoning Township, Lawrence County. As the investigation progressed, the fire was determined to be incendiary in nature and investigators proceeded to recover evidence at the scene which is linked to the teenage boy. The suspect boy, who lived in close proximity to scene of the fire and was also a junior fire fighter for the Mahoning Volunteer Fire Department, confessed to setting the fire. A juvenile petition will be filed in Lawrence County. The investigation is continuing.
Latest from Mark Heim
- To Shine or not to Shine Light into Dark Corners
- Wolf Administration Extends Pennsylvania Home Heating Assistance Program Deadline
- Route 97 Bridge in Erie County to be Replaced
- PennDOT Lifts 10-Ton Weight Posting on Crawford County Road
- DEP to Gather Pennsylvanians Input on Environmental Justice in Statewide Listening Tour